Wednesday, March 24, 2010

That's "SIR" Fivefingers to you!



























Sweet! So it finally happened! YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

As an employee at REI, we have uber opportunities to sit-in and learn about the various products we love and use ourselves. I attended a Vibram (apparently pronounced vee-brum in La Moda Italiana) clinic with a Vibram rep who explained the usage and fit of the FiveFingers line. I had used my FiveFinger KSO's for the RAGNAR Relay Race the weekend before, and had turned in some of my best running times ever for an event. I was excited to see a guide for actually fitting these on users, as well as a full catalog featuring pictures of people using them for running. It was also interesting to see the different styles that are set to debut soon.

I asked when she was done if Vibram does a sponsorship for its athletes for local events or anything. She mentioned that Vibram doesn't necessarily "sponsor" athletes, but that they may become ambassadors for the brand. This involved being a "face" for FiveFingers (as strange a visual as that may sound) and basically wearing them in public. I've been a proponent for FiveFingers for almost a year now, and LOVE living in them.

So now my info has been forwarded on to Vibram, so I just have to wait to hear from 'em. I think this will be the hardest part. But I SO looking forward to being a representative for FiveFingers! I can't wait!!!!! I have a Twitter, Facebook, and DailyMile account where I spout off a lot about Vibram FiveFingers. Check 'em out if you haven't already!

1 comment:

  1. First time to your site here though I now realize I'm already following you on twitter.

    So curious - any interest in getting plugged into the VFF community via the links page on birthdayshoes? I think others would dig your site here -- let me know if you're interested and or want to stick the widget somewhere on your site/sidebar.

    ReplyDelete