Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Revolution Will Not Be Shod

I am starting this blog to chronicle my runs on roads, trails, in shoes, outta shoes, and even some other activities in which I partake in between runs. I am a huge advocate for barefoot running, because it works for me. I have heard the benefits of the activity, and been running in Vibram FiveFinger KSO's for about 9 months now. I've found they help my posture, improve my form, and actually make me a bit faster than "shod" (shoe) running. I think everybody should try running barefoot, it's an amazing and freeing feeling. But do your research first. Don't go out and run 8mi your first day in VFF or barefoot. Be smart. Also, I recommend reading "Born To Run" by Christopher Mcdougall. I have several other friends who are part of the barefoot running movement, so check out their thoughts, blogs, and sites. Most of all explore what works best for you personally. And have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment