Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's the Best Day Ever!

I was not in a great mood today when I picked up my boys from school. I don't know why, I just wasn't feelin' it. I WAS however feeling my age. My back hurt, my knees ached, and my foot had a bruise on the heel the shape (and felt like the size) of Italy.

I grumbled as I ordered them into the car and told 'em to buckle up. We drove to my work @ REI to check my schedule and they played in the hallway while I wrote my schedule. While there, my boss' boss (the queen bee) of the office complimented me on how good the older one was to the younger. I agreed, saying they are excellent brothers to each other. She offered them yogurt covered pretzels, and they each politely thanked her for them.

After that we stopped by McDonald's for dinner, which we took home and ate. They both then thanked me for getting them McD's, completely unprompted. They did their Tuesday chores and spent some time on homework.

We all three then sat down to watch our favorite sports on TV. We watched the Phillies lose a heartbreaker to the Braves, the Coyotes lose to the Red Wings (hopefully not a pattern), and the start of the Suns and D-Backs games. We even got to call their grandparents and talk to them about the younger's 5th birthday. They were so cute and sweet, I couldn't help tickling 'em every once in a while.

As they got ready for bed after showers and brushing their teeth, they crawled into bed and I kissed their sweet smiles good night. My older son piped up and said, "Thanks, Daddy."

"For what?" I inquired.

"For giving us the best day ever of our lives!" he replied.

Me too, buddy. Me too.



No comments:

Post a Comment